Wednesday 20 May 2009

Vodka Revolution (Finished Shooting!) - Work Experience

So today I finished my first two days filming at Vodka Revolution. On the Saturday I filmed the cutaways of the bar, as I wanted some of an extremely busy Saturday night. I wasn’t able to use a tripod for this as it was way too busy and would have constantly been in the way of drunk revelers! My lecturer Leslie’s son James came to join me through the evening too as he works in the industry and offered some valuable pointers – as well as checking on me! I got all the shots that I needed although I underestimated what time it would actually get busy and had to wait around for a little while until it got busy.
Today I shot the cocktail part of the video, where I got a fellow employee there to walk through the creation of one of the favorite cocktails. This part is also going to double up as my advanced audio project and I recorded lots of good sounds such as drink sloshing around in the glass! I also got a lot of cutaways such as close-ups of the glass, pouring and different techniques used in the process.
I really enjoyed shooting this and am exited to get on with the editing process – I will keep you posted!

No comments: